Do I have to get an ignition interlock device if I do diversion?

Yes. Oregon law was changed in 2011 by House Bill 3075, thus requiring defendants entering into the diversion program to get ignition interlock devices installed in their cars.

The effective date of this requirement was January 1, 2012, so if you opt for a diversion program, one of the requirements will be the installation of an ignition interlock device on your car. Fees associated with diversion due to drinking and driving were also increased in 2012.

Rob Crow
Connect with me
Licensed to practice law in all State & Federal Courts in Oregon.